2020 House View: European Property Market Outlook
Global Head of Research
Senior Associate, Research
Managing Director, Development
Max von Below
Managing Director, Global Investors Group
We are pleased to present our 2020 House View for Europe. This annual publication highlights our outlook for the economy, the capital markets, and commercial real estate (CRE) sector.
- The global growth outlook appears to be softening, and while the European economy is currently forecast to deliver Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of around 1.0% in 2020, there is risk to the downside.
- Monetary policy is expected to remain supportive of real estate investment, with encouragement building for further fiscal stimulus.
- Real estate continues to offer attractive relative value in an environment where government bonds and economic growth are expected to remain low.
- Capital available for deployment into real estate is near all-time highs, and investors continue to target the sector.
- The growth potential of Europe’s logistics sector makes it an attractive long-term investment.
- Geopolitical tensions remain a key downside risk to the economic outlook.