2020 Sustainability Report
Director, Real Estate Operations and Sustainability
John Kirk, CAIA, CCIM
Senior Director, Research
Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Operations
Will McIntosh, Ph.D, CRE
Global Head of Research
Executive Managing Director, Asset Management
USAA Real Estate is proud to present the 2020 Sustainability Report. This publication outlines key details of our sustainability strategy while focusing on the value creation achievements within our commercial real estate (CRE) portfolio. The document not only highlights our initiatives and accomplishments in this field, but it also includes real-world case studies that quantify the positive impact of our sustainable investment practices. Furthermore, particularly in the wake of COVID-19, we will provide our view on the role that sustainability can play within the CRE industry,both today and in the future. The following questions provide a framework for the discussion regarding sustainability:
- What does Sustainability mean to USAA Real Estate?
- What is the difference between Sustainability and ESG?
- How does the CRE industry measure ESG implementation?
- Can you quantify the financial impact of Sustainability?
- How will Sustainability and CRE evolve in the future?