Effective: January 17, 2019
The Types of Personal Information We Collect About You Through The Site
When you enter and browse the Site, we may collect two different types of information about you: information you provide to us, and information we collect automatically through technology.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
In order to obtain access to certain information or materials provided via the Site, you may have to provide Personal Information, including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number. You may also provide this information when you contact us with inquiries (for example, through the contact form on our Site). Additionally, we may collect and retain a record of all communications with you.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically Through Technology
We may collect information about you automatically using technology. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol or IP address each time you request a page during a visit to the Site. (An IP address is often associated with the portal through which you enter the Internet.) At times, we may also use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which users browse various parts of the Site.
We collect information about your use of the Site through cookies (see the “Cookies and How We Use Them” section below).
The technical methods we use on the Site may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We may also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send our Site users to determine whether such users have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. We may collect the information from use of these technical methods in a form that is personally identifiable.
Other examples of data we may automatically collect include:
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- State or country from which you accessed the Site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our Site from.
- Pages you viewed on the Site.
This information is collected to help us administer and operate the Site, better understand how users interact with and access the Site, and understand the types of users access the Site.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Using the settings of your Internet browser, you may be able to choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or to turn off all cookies. Consult your browser help menu to learn more about your options. If you disable cookies, you may not have access to many features that make your browsing of our Site smoother, and some of our services may not function properly. For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Other Types of Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect Personal Information from you in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us (for example, if you are a supplier). The data we collect includes information that you voluntarily give to us, such as your payment information, business card or contact details. We will use this information to develop a business relationship and in a manner consistent with the purpose you gave the information for.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may also use the information you provide to improve the Site or our services, to customize your experience on Site, to serve you specific content, or for other business purposes.
If you are an individual in the European Union (“EU”), please see the “EU Users” section below for information on the legal bases we rely on to process your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your data.
Sharing With Third Parties
RealCo may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers to facilitate our services or platform functions on our behalf, in particular providers of hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; email communication software providers; web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies and How We Use Them” section above). These companies and individuals may have access to your Personal Information as needed to perform their functions.
We may also share your Personal Information, as well as certain aggregated demographic information that does not identify you personally, with our business partners or affiliates in order to provide services and offerings to you.
We will share Personal Information:
- When we believe that such disclosures are required by law, regulation, legal process, subpoena, document request or governmental or legal request;
- to protect RealCo against liability; and
- in the event of a transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of substantially all of the assets of RealCo or one or more of its businesses to another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, in which case user information may be shared in the diligence process or to otherwise facilitate the transaction, and with individuals assisting in the transaction; Personal Information may also be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Information
RealCo uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including firewalls. Please be aware, however, that there is no absolute guarantee of security on the Internet. You use our Site and send us information at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Some Personal Information collected by RealCo from California residents outside of this Site may be subject to the provisions of the CCPA. For such data, RealCo will provide such consumers with applicable CCPA notices at the time of collection.
“Shine the Light” Law
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. RealCo does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
RealCo does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to RealCo through the Site, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Scope. This section applies if you are an individual in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
Data Controller. USAA Real Estate Company is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data. To find out our contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below, which also provides the contact details of our representative in the EU for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Legal Bases for the Processing. We use Personal Data we collect through our Site as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, described below:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, block prohibited reseller traffic, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
We use Personal Data we collect in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with you as necessary for our legitimate interest in developing a relationship with you. If we entered into a contract with you for the provision of services, we will use Personal Data collected from or about you as necessary to perform our contract with you and to pursue our legitimate interests in complying with legal obligations and legal process and protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
If you are an individual in the EU, you can also contact us at email@example.com USAA RealCo – Europe Holdco, B.V., who has been appointed as USAA Real Estate Company’s representative in the EU pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation on matters related to the processing of Personal Data that take place in the EU.
USAA Real Estate is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. USAA Real Estate is currently working toward complying with WCAG 2.0 level AA. At this time the site is undergoing 3rd party review. We will update this statement with our compliance level once the review and remediation are completed.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of USAA Real Estate. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on USAA Real Estate:
- Phone: 800 531 8182
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 9830 Colonnade Boulevard, Suite 600. San Antonio, TX 78230
This statement was created on 19 September 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.